View Single Post
Old 31-10-2014, 14:39   #1291
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
My father was one of 8 and they were very poor - it was more down to lack of contraception than anything else I believe. Nobody sensible is stereotyping ALL large families. It is right, however, to point out and try to do something about the irresponsible minority who exploit the benefits system to their advantage and even continue breeding when they patently cannot cope with the kids they already have and are living in abject squalor . It wouldn't be so bad if these people actually cared for their children properly but parenthood is something which seems to stall when their kids are born and the benefits they get seem to be largely spent on things other than their children's welfare.

Somebody please tell me what excuse there is in 21st Century Britain for someone who won't work, won't keep their home clean, won't feed their children properly and keep them clean, safe etc. etc. to have more children? If nobody else, let's consider the poor children who are born to these defective people.

Until we get to grips with that proportion of society who choose not to behave responsibly they will continue to see having children as a means to an end and the more people there will be who've known nothing other than life on benefits and parents who didn't care about them.
Have you made a suggestion of what needs to be done yet?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote