View Single Post
Old 24-04-2014, 12:50   #522
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
My reasoning isn't purely from a financial point , Netflix and Sky Movies are completely different offerings. Sky Movies does as it says on the tin its a premium first run movie service as opposed to Netflix which in my opinion puts more emphasis on TV boxsets and Original programming , as I said let's wait and see what happens when the rights are due up , look at BT someone else could come in and shock us.
Don't forget that Netflix are new to the UK and it takes time to build up all the rights required to show the content you want to make available. Look at the US version of Netflix and you will see that they have much more content. There is no reason why the UK version shouldn't be as comprehensive with a little time.

As I said, Netflix have already indicated their interest in doing deals with the film studios but they cannot do so until current exclusive rights with Sky are up. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Amazon instant video set to launch on Virgin Media?
Virgin Media have already broached the idea with Amazon but they were not ready. I think it will be more than a year before we get this, but pretty certain we will get it when all the issues are resolved.