View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 15:43   #11
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: New exclusive channel coming soon?

I wonder if it could be a version of BBC America HD? The reason I say this as only a few weeks ago SKY canvassed some customers on their views and opinions o the BBC's new world wide channel BBC Brit. I found it really odd that SKY where interested in this new channel by the BBC which would not be broadcasting here in the UK.

BBC America have some original content which SKY would certainly like on their platform, especially with SKY aiming to be the home of drama in 2014 / 2015. Shows like Copper, Orphan Black and Intruders. Other up coming dramas include The Game and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Big things are expected of motoring show Mud, Sweat & Gears on BBC America.

BBC America seems to be mainly padded out with episodes of Top Gear, Doctor Who, Star Trek and Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares USA. There also tends to be films with a British connection. I'm sure SKY and the BBC could work on a version of the channel for the British TV market which includes all the original BBC America commissioned shows minus Top Gear, Doctor Who etc....

Probably nothing more than me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 however not totally out of the realms of possibility. Fleming was a SKY / BBC America joint production and SKY have finally kissed and made up with the BBC in regards to transmission payments. SKY got ITV Encore as an exclusive as a result of dropping the transmission fee from ITV. Who knows, maybe they've agreed a similar deal with the BBC to smooth the way for access to BBC America content?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote