Thread: Boxing 2013
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2013, 08:57   #170
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing 2013

For a guy that was apparently out on his feet and not defending himself (He was defending) He sure grilled the referee immediately. Carl Froch has landed a punch and the referee has saved him from the demolition Groves gave him. It's funny how that works though, there was no ref save when he took a mauling from Andre Ward.

Carl Froch would be stupid to give Groves another chance, Groves wouldn't make the same mistakes he did tonight. He's guilty of not destroying him after he put him down. Next time Froch might not get away so lucky. I said Groves had power and if he landed Froch would fall... I wasn't wrong and I wont be when I say the next time they get in the ring, Froch won't get back up. He'll swarm him.

Froch is an average Boxer, he always has been, minimal skill but a solid chin. Anyone with skill can outclass and outpoint Froch with ease. Andre Warde is true evidence of that. Groves has skill and power, over time he'll be what Froch never could be. I needn't move onto the defensive work of Froch because it's a joke, it doesn't exist. God help him if he finds himself up against someone that can finish a fight.

Groves shouldn't feel too hard done by when Froch turns him down. Groves can only go up now. We all know who really won on Saturday. I'm actually more excited for his future away from Froch. We might be looking at what Haye was at Cruiser. A fast agile fighter with ridiculous power. Andre Ward might have Mayweather like skill but Groves only needs the one punch to land.

Onto the future of Froch, He's talking about avenging a loss to Andre Ward. After Saturday and to be fair his entire career, he stands little to no chance with him and again for the flaws in Froch I've pointed out, Defence is non existent, he's slow and lacks any real boxing skill other than the ever annoying non stop combos at gloves (See Groves fight in which he constantly missed and just hit Groves on the hands)

Leaves the following: Andre Ward, Robert Stieglitz

However there's an anticipated jump of weight for Gennady Golovkin. If this guy gets a hold of Froch he'll retire him.

Froch vs ??? (May/June 2014)
Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather (May 2014)
Tyson Fury vs ??? (March/April/May 2014)

Kell Brook is a wildcard for the Khan fight, If Khan fails to get Mayweather I could see this happening instead.