View Single Post
Old 25-10-2013, 17:58   #168
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [MERGED] Utility companies - price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Amazing that there was virtual silence from the Labour government at the time despite the nearly TRIPLING of fuel bills between 2004 and 2009 but then a substantial proportion of the rise was due to their "green" taxes and economic mismanagement.
Green Taxes are not the worst causing of the rises as I said in few posts ago. They make up around 9% but haven't increased that much in relation to the massive increases we're seeing elsewhere. They're also a far wider ranging set of tax measures than just eco ones, i.e the warm home rebate.

To be honest though I don't think TheDaddy was having a Labour vs Tory bash, he was having a go at the energy companies generally.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote