View Single Post
Old 20-09-2013, 19:42   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What type of aerial socket/connector is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdck View Post
@nodrogd Good point. When we first got the keys, we did a bit of gutting out, and attached to the cable (with the f-connector) was a small little box that sat on the ground near where the TV would go. I believe this had a few outputs too (possibly connections for a coax aerial) so maybe this is what I need to get back? (I threw it out thinking it was a old signal booster)...

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

@Chris... funnily enough... that VISION text is exactly the same text that existed on the f-connector. I think we may have cracked something here...
It was a signal booster, but it wasn't old. It was part of the complete aerial installation the previous occupant paid someone to put in for them.

If you'd shared that little nugget of information right at the outset ...

Now, to get your aerial working properly, you need to get back the amplifier power supply you threw out, and put back the f-plug you cut off. Then you need a length of aerial cable with an f-plug on one end, and a standard aerial connector on the other.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote