View Single Post
Old 14-08-2013, 17:36   #3336
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

From the DS Smallworld Cable forum. Looks like VM are not the only ones being strung along. At least they are honest and open about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Durnford View Post
Hi
Sorry you have not been approached. We have posted the issue on our website. We didn't send a letter in advance because frankly we thought we were going to be able to get BT Sport, and despite being in contact with them for three months in the end we have not been able to agree anything yet. I'm still hopeful however.
I think they will do wholesale deals, but are trying to exploit the marketing hype for the time being.
In the meantime we have reduced the price of all 6 Sky Sports channels by £5 a month to £16. This is substantially below cost and much cheaper than Sky. It is also a far bigger reduction than the cost of ESPN to us in the past. I know you mentioned that you are not interested in Sky Sports - but we are trying to help despite the high cost to us.
We are also planning to reduce the price of the Ultimate pack in October to compensate for the loss of ESPN (assuming a deal for BT Sport isn't reached by then).
May also be worth taking into account that once the broadband capacity upgrade is increased this September (we're upgrading our network links from 1Gb to 10Gb connections) we will start rolling out 100Mb broadband and upgrading our other speeds...
Kind regards
David
Smallworld Cable
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote