View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 14:53   #2987
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
Still bemused how many still seem to think that:-

a) Sky has a deal with BT Sport.
There is no deal with Sky, far from it, BT Sport just has an entry on the SKY EPG.

b) VM can just take BT Sport 'at any price'. Business just doesn't work like that. BT call all the shots on this one so VM are at BTs behest and have to 'sit and suffer' whilst negotiating what they consider a feasible price.

c) VM can can say anything more than 'we are in talks with...'
They cannot. These will be commercially sensitive negotiations and because of this, their hands will be tied along with those at BT, who would have to abide to Stockmarket regulations and NOT be allowed to say anything that would be considered share price sensitive.

I've said here previously, I am 100% certain that BT Sport will be made available to VM. I truly think it would be commercially stupid for VM/BT not to come to an agreement. At what cost to VM customers... who knows? Perhaps £10 to £15.

I fully intend to take it WHEN it arrives on VM...and am prepared to pay for it and hope that HD variant is available in any package offering.
Well said! Agree totally.If virgin just accepted BT`s proposal without any negotiating then it wouldn`t make commercial sense. Virgin have got to try and get the best possible deal they can for their customers otherwise keeping existing ones and attracting new ones becomes more difficult.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote