Thread: Tennis The General Tennis Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 14:50   #234
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Re: Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Last I'm saying on the subject. Why should sports people get knighthoods for winning sport events? What does that say to doctors, nurses, ambulance, police, fire brigade and the armed forces fighting in Iraq Afghanistan? We thank you for doing your job with crap pay, even crapper work conditions but you won't get an honour because you haven't won a sporting event.

About time we stopped rewarding sports people with honours and give them to the people who matter most, like everyone I've mentioned. Winning a tennis trophy. Big deal. Ditto for sitting on your backside on a bike and winning a race that hardly anyone cares about.
Think for the first time ever I agree with some of what you've posted