View Single Post
Old 17-05-2013, 15:43   #1495
jst
Inactive

jst is on a distinguished roadjst is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
"Quite a few" is probably a rather minor amount of the total VM customer base, and I imagine most of that base will have Sky Sports (the figures for SS subscribers is pretty low anyway.) VM will also be aware most of these people banging on over a nothingness will probably never leave anyway. People generally just wanna let off steam and try to scare businesses into action by having a go at the little people who can not change anything anyway.
I have worked for one medium sized and one major sized supermarket for half my life and the number of times customers that have asked me (a relatively lowly grunt on the shop floor) why have we stopped selling/do not sell certain lines is HUGE. I could have retired if they all gave a me pound I tell them why, and the response is often to blame me and take it out on me personally (like it's my idea) and say something along the lines of "well I'll take my weekly shop elsewhere." What do they expect to happen? they must think we (and VM CS teams) all have direct lines to the MD! I try very hard to remember these idiots and always smile knowingly at them as they come back in week after week and fill their trollies, it really does cheer me up on busy days.
Like VM's HQ, the guys at the HQ's of my old/current company know that if they take lines out of any shop, most customers will get a similar line in the shop. A few customers will get the line they want elsewhere and even less will take their main spend elsewhere though.
Having got that off my chest, I simply can not imagine VM not carrying BT Sports.
Sky will start getting jealous soon, Atlantic will soon stop being the most wanted channel for VM customers!!!
P.S, the moral of that story is to be nice to your shop workers. If you really want us to look for something that is off-sale, ask us nicely or you will be unlikely to get it
What a load of S**TE !
jst is offline   Reply With Quote