View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 08:55   #11
lisauk
Inactive

Services: Sky NTL Broadband PS2 Orange C500 SPV Mobile Wireless Network Via Links
lisauk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

In answer to your questions:

1. You mention any available networks?

I have services pack 2 installed and this gives you a different way of connecting to your wireless networks, if you click refresh it shows you the available networks but I do not have any available on the PC.

2. Have you set up your systems using a Domain or Work Group?

I have set my network up usinga Work Group, using the wireless network wizard in Services pack 2.

3. Are you using the hardware manufactures or Windows inbuilt software to create your newtork?

I am using the windows inbuilt software, as mentioned above the service pack 2.
4. Are you using fully compatible hardware for your network?

I am not sure if the wireless dongle is fully compatiable with my inbuilt wireless connection on my laptop but it has been working for at least the past month.

5. You have not mentioned the make/s or model numbers of the hardware?

The only information I know is

The wireless dongle on the pc is a IEEE802.11b wireless USB Adapter - make not sure, as i am at work.

The wireless connection on the laptop is a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, laptop is a HP Compaq.

6. You mentioned †œI don't really wanna turn zonealarm off last time i did that I got plagued with a virus and I have not changed any of the settingsââ‚ ‚¬Ã‚

The PC is actually connected to the internet which is why I want the network set up I guess that answers questions 8 aswell.

7. Again, not being funny or patronizing, have you FULLY checked the setup?

i would not really know what to check for apart from everything seems to be setup the same on both machines.

Nothing seems to be different from when it was working on Sunday evening but I have now deleted the wireless network and tried setting it up again but still nothing.

8. For what purpose are you setting the Network up?

Answered in no: 7

Extra Info:

As mentioned above I am getting a wireless router for christmas, please my my other thread, search for lisauk. I will order the router this evening, I just need to get the network working until then as my partner using the PC and I use the Laptop.

Cheers Lisa
lisauk is offline   Reply With Quote