View Single Post
Old 30-04-2013, 15:22   #6532
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I always wanted to take my daughter to Disney and like my dad said about me many years ago, if ever I could afford it then I would. So when he passed, his legacy meant I could afford to take her and we're going next month. I arranged everything myself. The tickets, accommodation, flights, itinerary, her days off school - all sorted. And she was understandably very excited about it. Then about a month ago the somewhere subtle matter of my not having a passport cropped up, which could have dumped on everything as it would be my first adult one which can take longer. Cue scenes of my rushing about, panicking without letting too many people (especially my daughter!) knowing. Had the interview on friday and the guy there said everything was ok and was satisfied I was who I claimed to be but it wasn't his decision. I was quietly confident but the traditional Russ Curse dictates that last-minute hitches are mandatory. However I just had a knock on the door from a courier delivery guy and.....it arrived. Happy Russ!
We just came back from there about 3 weeks ago - the kids love it.... but be prepared to be ripped off.

Not sure where you are staying - but we stayed in one of the hotels in the village (Sequoia lodge) - my advice would be to not eat in the hotels - there were expensive and lousy food - and go to the places in the village that aren't Disney - Planet Hollywood for example - it's just as expensive, but the food quality is better.

If you haven't done it - you should try and book dinner with the Disney Characters - it's in 'Cafe Mickey' - again, it's expensive, and the food is awful - but my kids loved it.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote