View Single Post
Old 26-01-2013, 20:35   #804
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

I was just watching a cat play chicken by sitting in the middle of the lane when I saw to the South what I thought was a firework going off in the sky. It was travelling from South to North and flew right over me at a relatively low height, below the low clouds. There were just 4 very bright crimson red navigation lights grouped closely together in a N.S.E.W. Formation, not touching each other but very close. Within just a few seconds it had flown over me in total silence, my question, what was it?
WE are on the flight path to Manchester Airport so I am used to seeing aircraft fly over, in fact far in the South a plane had just turned onto it's final approach, I have seen flocks of birds flying in a V formation at night which take on the appearance of salmon coloured lights and we see the police helicopter flying around a lot and that cannot be described as silent, even ignoring the silence I have never before seen anything flying at night with just four very bright crimson navigation lights grouped so close together, so again, what was it? I'm sure one of you will know.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote