View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:52   #5838
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Our eldest was recently selected, nationally, to sit on the interviewing panel for a senior role within the charity he is a member of. He played an active role in assessing and selecting the new candidate for the post and the formal offer is now being prepared. It was great experience seeing the interview process from the other side of the desk which should stand him in good stead for the future. We're so proud of him!

================================================== ========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Had the BEST weekend ever.

Glorious surroundings, excellent food, weather, friends, family and the not insignificant presence of my bride turning up and saying 'I do'.

Now to get packed for honeymoon, get writing thank you cards and get some positive reviews up on trip advisor and other sites for the people who helped make it such a wonderful weekend.
All the best to you.

================================================== ========

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Sooo after one of THE most crappy days of my life I did have one moment of fun

Imagine a whole day of poking blood letting tests etc with loads of different doctors and nurses.

They all congregated with me in the treatment room - There's me up on the lift and the main foot doctor proclaims "It's time to put Mr Tarn down".....

After a couple of seconds of silence I popped out with "That's a bit harsh - I only came in with dodgy feet"

It took a couple more seconds but everyone in the room got it and cracked up

Small things - but it made my day I tell you

Yes a bit of laughter is very good medicine which ought to be prescribed a bit more often in the NHS.

Just hope some bean counter somewhere hasn't picked up on your comment and thought about the massive ost saving opportunities of such a strategy...

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Old jokes always the best.
Hey! I resent you calling Dilli an "old joke"...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote