View Single Post
Old 16-11-2012, 10:26   #5732
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
It seems harsh to, for what I consider to be, be penalised you when your property was wrongly assessed, for so very long, and monies were paid promptly by you (yes?) but your reimbursment is going to be so slow.

Interest and compensation spring to mind. You may move house? Get a solicitor to cast an eye on the Council's claptrap. It was their mistake and not yours. Yes?

I expect that they would have the grace to transfer deferred tax charges to anywhere that you might choose to live in future.
I don't think they will pay me monthly and if they tried i would take them to the small claims court, i wont wait 18 months or so to get my money back.

I have Googled it and i have found other councils pay the money back via debit card in 1 lump sum so i am guessing they will do the same. Hopefully i will find out in a few weeks time.

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
I don't know if you are entitled to a "cash" rebate, however I think it only reasonable that they should transfer your credit to a new property should you move. I suggest a visit to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. They will have the necessary information.

Edit, just found this: http://www.unclaimedfinances.co.uk/c...uncil-tax.html
Might be worth investigating.
Thanks for the info, link saved.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote