View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55   #13
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: SkySports F1 and my big mistake, What a load of crap!

Keep on selling it Telly Bear, you may just get Sky another customer or 2.
As Kymmy has said the feed is the same its the commentary that differs & everything Sky offers you at a premium can be got just as easily for free, if you have the know how.

As a 30 year F1 fan I have always had issues with coverage that wasnt on the BBC. With ITV it was the infamous ad breaks (quality commentary tho) & now, with Sky the commentary from Brundle & Crofty is great (as you would expect as both came from the BBC) with in-race bits from Kravitz (again BBC) but that numpty Lazenby knows diddly about F1 and that really irks me, he is a monotonic plonker who only manages to just read a script. I may not subscribe to Sky but I do watch the feed for FP, qually & race when its not live on the BBC, so my comments on Lazenby are not from just hearsay.

So while you may be happy with having to pay for your F1 feed remember this. Quantity & Quality are not one in the same and whilst you may be getting a little more from Sky (compared to what the BBC gave\give us) in the quantity stakes, due to Lazenby & 1 other (Georgie Thompson) the quality is bobbing quite close to the bottom of the toilet bowl!
Race weekends are so much better when its on the BBC.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote