View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 18:01   #178
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Just to clear up something i am convinced race was an issue in this incident and the fact that the men themselves said it was also enforces that and i am completely bewildered as to why all of a sudden them saying race was a part of it is irrelevent seriously if what they said on that is irrelevent what the hell is relevent from them. That said the crime itself is disgusting, unjustifiable and out and out wrong and the emphasis here should be on helping the victims 100%. But we cannot ignore an aspect because it may cause wider problems or because we don't want to hear it we have to face it head on and make damn sure that anyone who MIGHT hold a cultural view on this that it is wrong and not acceptable in the UK.

We as a country have had our heads in the sand for too long on race in the UK and it has allowed groups like the EDL and the BNP to gain support because we do not have a sensible and mature debate on the issues of race relations in the UK. Labour's open door policy allowed too many in without anytime for both sides to integrate properly it allowed in too many who bought with them the cultural views from the country they came from that are completely unaaceptable to all people in the UK. We have to have this discussion and both sides are going to have to accept some unpleasant truths because if we don't we will continue to see the rise of neanderthal's and their twisted ignorant bigotry.

I could relate many eyewitness things i have personally seen in leicester over the last twenty years to give a skewed perception of a community and the reason i do not is because i do not believe it is endemic to that culture and are not representative of all within that community. We can carry on as we are or we can start to address this and defuse the issue i would prefer to tackle it head on now and remove the ammunition of certain groups and maybe get race relations where we would all prefer them because i would rather not be living in a society where it has become two groups and your either with one or against it and that is where we will get too at some point if we do not start to deal with this.
Some would say we are already there Rizzy .

Good post by the way