View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 20:41   #134
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
marty, again stating the obvious, but it was the defense lawyers* calling for a mis-trial, stating that the tweet was 100% correct - they have provided no evidence for that statement (unless I missed something).

Just saying it doesn't make it so.....

*who obviously have not ulterior motive in having a mis-trial declared....
yes you are missing something
Hugh i have given you evidence that states the it was the judge ,the police and the cps that said the tweet was correct .The defence lawyer is repeating the judges findings

Quote:
"An inquiry by the judge of the jury revealed that this report was true in that they had found seven defendants guilty.

It's not me just saying it or the defence lawyer just saying it ,it is fact and ,all the recent reports are suggesting that it will form the basis of the appeal .It is fact that the tweet happened ,it is fact that it was correct ,it is fact that it was tweeted at the time the jury had reached the guilty verdict of 7 defendants ,what is not known is how the information got out ,the judge has dismissed it as coincidence ,the defence lawyers,understandably, are sceptical of that conclusion