View Single Post
Old 23-04-2012, 22:43   #13
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice
Re: Freesat or Freeview instead of Virgin

I just recently made the move from Virgin TiVo to a Humax Foxsat PVR. Luckily the previous residents had Sky so no additional outlay was needed.

I do miss some of TiVos features, like Wishlists and Search, but find I'm not missing the extra channels (I was on TV XL) as most of them I never watched. Another thing you might miss is Flimflex.

Worth taking into consideration is whether to wait for YouView enabled Freesat boxes, which would give you all the Catch-up TV services, though it's release date (in time for the Olympics) is prone to slippage.

For someone who doesn't watch a lot of TV like me (and sticks to the five terrestial channels), and doesn't use VoD or Catch-up, I can say it's worth making the move to Foxsat.

As to buying the box, I bought mine as A-graded stock off the Humax web-site. It worked out cheaper then Amazon, and the one I've got seemed like new. Here's a a link to the Manager's Specials on Humax's site.

(EDIT: Didn't realise the thread was four days old - hope it's al-right to post one more to the end)
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote