View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 18:59   #595
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Off to heathrow (terminal one) tomorrow.

Now I did promise Peter I'd show him some planes.... Is there some kind of observation deck there or something?
I remember going as a child with my Dad to the viewing area at Terminal one many years ago. Unfortunately it closed after IRA bombings on the UK mainland.

Quote:
VIEWING
You can view the airport runways and aircraft from the The Tin Goose and Cafe Nero at Terminal 1. The viewing area on the top of terminal is closed for the foreseeable future due to security concerns. You can get some decent views from the top of the short term car parks at terminals 2, and 3 although this is not actually allowed unfortunately. A popular viewing point is the car park at the Heathrow Academy which overlooks the northern runway. Also some enthusiasts book appropriate rooms at the Renaissance Hotel for runway views and photo opportunities.
Link
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote