View Single Post
Old 27-08-2011, 15:55   #835
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: WWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Thank you. You could have said that the first time instead!

He didn't botch the majority or even all, when he was up against decent workers he put on decent matches (His match with Christian was pretty damn good). When he was up against people that can barely wrestle WWE style (Primo being a prime example) then there were definitely issues, and NOT all to do with Sin Cara (I can't see how he can take the blame for Primo slipping off a rope because he can't keep balance).
He did botch the majority, and many on house shows - people don't get taken off a brand to avoid live TV for nothing. As I've explained in the past there are things workers discuss before a match. Primo isn't the best worker but isn't the worst. In fairness Christian could get a good match out of Kelly Kelly.

Quote:
I've not seen any unwillingness to adapt, but I've seen is plenty of reports of Vince wanting him to do things most low card workers in WWE are incapable of selling. They signed him for the risk risk high flying moves, when he's gone for lesser risk ones mid match he's been called up on it.
There is plenty of evidence of unwillingness. His constant botches for instance. If a workers is brought in because of their different skill-set they are still required to adapt to WWE's way. Take William Regal. His technical stuff is very 'European' but still wrestles the American way.

Quote:
He should never have skipped FCW (his opponents needed that as much as him) But because they threw him straight in at the deep end in a mask he can't really see out of, in a country he doesn't speak the language, and in a style he's never wrestled before, because he cost them a fortune to get out of contract. There were bound to be problems based on that.
They would not put him in situations he could not handle - why on earth would they do that for someone they intend to be part of WWE's next generation?

Quote:
You know the mood lighting in his matches are because the eye holes in the Sin Cara mask are so ridiculously small that you just can't see anything without the lighting setup like that?
I'm not sure that's true. If they asked him to wear something you seem to be suggesting is dangerous they'd be opening themselves up to legal action if he took a career-threatening bump.

Quote:
The Sin Cara failure has been far more down to WWE rushing it through with some extremely bad decision making than any failure on his part, as this weeks smackdown has proved. That Hunico botched a match enough the entire thing was retaped when he doesn't do moves even half as difficult as Sin Cara does it shows that the problem is more than just one guy.
There isn't anything wrong with the way WWE have handled the character. Basically they're introducing him as Rey with the volume turned up. Hunico botched one match, there aren't any wrestlers who can say that's never happened to. If he keeps botching then that might be different.

Quote:
I wouldn't judge his ability on the fact they're keeping him off TV (in reality he's been kept off TV for 1 show) WWE has a strange habit of keeping plenty of decent workers off TV, hell they even release decent workers like Chris Masters (they ditch him after he improved 10 fold in the ring to the point where he was better than most mid carders) just because they can, whilst keeping people that can't wrestle like the great khali. Most of it is political really. Sin Cara damaged his chances of getting back in the mask more by talking to the press about his suspension than by any number of botches, if the WWE kept people off TV for botches Alex Riley would never be seen again.
Not only are they keeping him off tv but the rumours are he will soon be released. Masters was a travesty but he'll be back.

Quote:
Exactly.

Most of Sin Cara's aren't even his botches either, they're the other guys. I've linked to them before, but most of the time it's the other guy not selling the move properly.
(Sigh)

Before a match, the workers and the agent (and sometimes the ref) will get together so they do over everything. Cara should at that point make his move-set clear. A number of guys not selling properly against the same guy and you still think it's them? Rose tinted glasses...?

Quote:
It's like people blaming Swagger for Alex Riley sandbagging his gutwrench powerbomb the other week on raw. Just because the move messes up it doesn't mean it's the attacker who botched, a lot of the moves are more dependent on the defender than the attacker to be able to be pulled off right.
If Riley had a history of botches in such a short space of time then yes, you may have a point.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote