View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 13:56   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Loss of Freeview channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledecker View Post
I did actually do the factory reset option, sorry for duff information earlier in the thread. The bit that puzzled me is that it did seem to pick up the channels as it scanned , but was not able to actually view them, The TV seemed to default to analogue every time I sweitched it on, tried to remedy this by forcing it to digital by way of the relevant TV menu setting but with no luck. You may be right about the transmitter problem but I think that usually just shows up as "no signal" when you try to access the channels. I don't even get that. Thanks for your help
You're right about that. If no channels are found it should then give you the option to check your aerial and re-scan, or to perfom manual tuning. If it's locking on and storing channels these should appear on the EPG, and even if a channel is not broadcasting it would show on the screen as "no service" when that channel is selected. I'm wondering if the set needs the software re-loading.

I had a problem a couple of years back where my Pan TV would get stuck on Freeview BBC1 and refuse to select another channel, although it would go onto analogue without any bother. Set was under guarantee and a TV tech came and reloaded the software. No problems since.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote