View Single Post
Old 31-07-2011, 05:03   #792
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE

One thing is certain, There is no way The Rock will be leaving WrestleMania as a winner.

Its the same thing Hogan did for him all those years ago.

So I'd expect Cena to be booked in 8 years time against a new face of WWE and lose cleanly.

Funny thing is even with the boo's Cena gets I think he is the biggest Face of the WWE we have ever seen.

Not solely based on popularity because then it would be The Hulkster or The Rock but based on Popularity and Money generated. People make claims about Cena fans being women and children which in ways is true but at the same time there are countless number of over 18 males who would cheer him. People fail to realise that at least 60% of WWE's fanbase are Women and Children. Saying that I feel WWE is now going to offer more to the Adult fanbase again as I believe the PG era is coming to end with the slow retirement process of the chairman Mcmahon and the ushering in of Paul Levsque (HHH) Whether he continues with his stage name remains to be seen.

The hard part about any change is to keep it balanced, if they rush into blood splattering everywhere you will find that parents do not want their child being affiliated with that sort of thing but at the same time if they cater too much for the younger generation they will find adults do not get any entertainment out of it. It has to be entertaining for both parties and at the same time.

I found they achieved this perfectly before the PG rating by having Raw Live but the following day showing a PG edited version. I think they could take advantage of this again and should take advantage of the fact they have two brands.

Show Raw with its old American rating on the Monday Live.
Show a repeat the following morning that is edited (Used to be on SKY 1 uk)

Show Smackdown as normal (PG Unedited)