View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 14:57   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What do i need to set up freesat tv.

I never said you should spend anything else and definitely wasn't trying to convince you of anything.. If you're happy then you're happy.. but just because you're happy with a limited system it doesn't mean to say that it's the best solution for everyone..

I've had FTA receivers since the mid '80's (before Sky became popular) and it's progressed greatly since then with a lot of advancements that I won't mention as you'll just complain again that I'm being too technical.. With that experience I've learned that everyone wants to get something different out of it and they seems to think that their first FTA system is the bees knees without realising that there's a lot more to this than their own simple receiver..

Freesat (btw that link is very outdated and a bit basic) is a self contained system designed for those that want a simplified easy to use package without having to trawl through weird foreign channels destined for a country a few hundred miles away and also want some features designed for the UK market) FTA for those people is a plain and simple waste for time and money and for a more wanting analogy is the same between the usual computer Windows V Linux arguments..

As for my posting style I'm not known for flowering my responses.. I spent far too long as a technical problem solver and find that people would rather have the correct answer than a sweet fluttering of my eyelashes whilst pretending to be a dumb blonde who is fascinated by all this techie talk by the men...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote