Thread: UK Timeline Outcasts
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2011, 14:28   #33
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Outcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
are you serious anything we make they make better they have better actors and more money for effects i would love it if they did an american version coz are's sucks its boring and predictable and the acting is so poor my two year old could do better
Well they do have more money and of course that does lead to better FX. Unfortunately the reliance on spectacular FX is usually at the expense of a decent story line.

I agree they do have some very good actors but so do we. Unfortunately none of them were contracted to appear in Outcasts.

The problem with Outcasts, apart from the wooden performances, is the story. Whoever came up with the initial premise must have had an acute inspirational by-pass at some time. The 'group of people struggling to survive' in a hostile environment with limited or no technology has been absolutely done to death in a multitude of post apocolyptic and other guises over the years.

Producers love it because it only needs a disused quarry or desert as a location and so can be relatively inexpensive to make.

As for the yanks doing better? I expect they would find a way to introduce the slow moving Zombies they are so fond of but I fear the best script writers in the World would have difficulty revitalising this tired old genre.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote