View Single Post
Old 24-09-2010, 12:21   #4
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sky HD and HD Ready tv - Getting sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Err, becasue the tv doesnt have an HDMI socket
I'm sure the op will thank you for that helpful comment

I was not aware that HD tv's ever came without HDMI sockets, I have a 37" HD monitor that does not come with one but that is because it's not a TV.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by efi View Post

The cable I was sold is a digital optical cable with the square like connection and an add on to make it a 3.5mm? jack but it doesn't give sound..

What do I need to get so I can get the sound to go with my hd picture?

Cheers
A 3.5mm jack on and optical cable will do nothing, this is because it's optical, it works by sending light through the cable,like fibre optics so putting a 3.5mm jack on the end would just stop the light source, you should just be able to use audio cables from the box to the tv.
What is the exact model of the tv? also have you tried reading the manual?
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote