View Single Post
Old 17-09-2010, 10:56   #4
trachayl
Inactive

trachayl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: legal to buy second hand card

Hi, Iv subscribed to sky digital for about ten years, and the old sky even longer with different boxes,I kept getting offers by post for this second room for £5 on top of my other monthly sub. When I did phone with the promotion code, got to admit it was hard work trying to get it for that kept trying to get me to higher packages.

Eventually they agreed but I had to pay £49 (sky always have some secret weapon) anyway when the paper contract came it said £10 so phoned to complain, they said they put it right, my first bank statement £10 had been taken SO I COMPLAINED AGAIN. THIS TIME THEY DID PUT IT RIGHT at £5.

THIS £5 HAS COME OUT OF DIRECT DEBIT EVER SINSE. I already had a sky + on contract and they gave me a single sky box to go with it for the extra £5. Also I have A free sky in the bedroom (no card need with this as I bought it myself from a dealer and had it put in)
However after using sky+ the single sky seems hopeless (my partner hogs the recording on +) and the free sky even worse As the second room with single sky is set up with twin aerial I would now like to go sky + in all rooms, two of these with +. I don't mind paying extra subscription but I do mind paying an extra £199 for another box. So providing it is legal I would buy one off an auction site
I now wish I had opted for full house and not two room but I can assure you £5 is what I pay each month with the offer I received off sky,
no point in lying I,am sure others on here pay the same

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

(Second reply),Thanks Kimmy, I might take a risk and buy as the boxes are really cheap on auction sites but I was not sure about the cards that came with some

(the first reply is to KoKnowlege) who questioned my legitimacy and the £5 extra to sky hope he/she reads the reply
trachayl is offline   Reply With Quote