Thread: Terrestrial TV
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2010, 00:08   #14
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough
Re: Terrestrial TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattygg View Post
Robbo,
Unless there is a DVB-T/DVB-s converter so i can put it into the back of the sky box.

Matt
Just use a good quality CRT TV with a scart socket for ease of use to deal with matter above.. as one option to over come the problem. I know there not sold any more in stores but a good serviced secondhand is good future investment than the later...modern day flat screen tv.

That's why a good old quality CRT TV, is good to have other than putting up with replacing a modern-day flat screen tv ever so many short years..... not me.... (modern flat screen TV).
A good CRT TV will last you years, by any way who needs a 40+ inch tv in your living room where a 36@CRT TV is just as good but much cheaper to buy in the first place ........ hence theres the method in ones madness.

Even serviced good second-hand tv, will do for a bedroom too or for a childs room. The tv in my bedroom is 28+yrs old (CRT TV - Ferguson) from my parents living room, when they didn't need it any more, I was watching the same tv as I grew up in late childhood day till collage days. That value for money if I have to say.

---------- Post added 26-08-2010 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 25-08-2010 at 23:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'd be careful where you use that dunce smiley ... especially when you yourself don't appear to understand the difference between Freesat and FreesatFromSky, which are two different brands owned by two different organisations and two different channel line-ups.

Freesat doesn't require a card - you buy a Freesat-branded box and receive all available Free-To-Air channels. The box uses your postcode to deliver the correct regional variations on channels 101-104.

FreesatFromSky does require a card (which you have to pay for, in addition to the box). With the card you get a mere handful of channels not available on true Freesat, because while they are Free-To-View, they are not Free-To-Air (they are encrypted). This includes Fiver and FiveUS. You can't run the Sky box without the card, because the card stores your region information. Without it, you don't get the correct variations on 101-104 (unless you're in London).

... and now you're confusing FreeSAT with FreeVIEW - again, two quite different things.
Very true sir Chris, correction is noted - but I'd like to think I stated a point still. As with old sky box (I've got 2 my first & a spare second hand skyplus+ box ). With sky box you can upgrade if so, or when you wish to do so.. so that why think it's the better option out of the two, you see. It gives you more options for the future...
Yes I have noted regional difference when my box (with card) plays up after power outage, so yes some thing's matters I guess.

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
... and now you're confusing FreeSAT with FreeVIEW - again, two quite different things.
Ok fair enough...

Freesat/FreesatFromSky = sat dish
Freeview = digital aerial
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote