View Single Post
Old 29-07-2010, 22:09   #241
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age
Re: Close Season Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
As I Palace fan as well as a Man U fan I wish he was still with us rather than signing for a big club and never getting a game. Still i bet he is on the way to being a millionaire before he even plays for Spurs.

This isn't just a UK problem was reading the team Liverpool are playing tonight have 6 Brasilians in their team. I'm pretty sure these are just average players doing anything to make a wage abroad when they could be replaced with local players too
Somehow i doubt the earnings in Macedonian football are better than Brazilian! And this isn't a problem, it's the solution. Brasilians go from Macedonia, China, Spain or wherever because they're willing and able (despite then drastic change in cultures and difficulties many face). English players playing abroad however, are a rarity. There are probably more Macedonians playing abroad than there are English players.

What's stopping John Bostock going to play abroad? You can tell this idea hasn't even entered his, or a plethora of other English players heads. More people need to realise the football world exists outside of the overhyped Premier League and too many players are content to not play football, earn a load of money and moan about not playing football instead of seeking pastures new, playing football, and earning less money.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote