View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 17:44   #1
ezziecat
Inactive

ezziecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Hello and please help ^^ Several Missing Freeview Channels!

Hi all,

I am new to the website but registered in case you could help - we've just moved to a different area of Nottingham (did live in NG3, now live in West Bridgford in NG2) and I am having trouble getting all of the Freeview channels.

When I first scanned the tv, I used the indoor aerial that we were using in our old flat (which I had to buy then as the only tv aerial there was for virgin cable tv); it is a little one with a booster from Argos (Masterplug AER3B-MS), but no channels were picked up at all :S

I then tried with the (old-looking) aerial that comes out of the wall, and got most of the freeview except:

ITV 1
Channel 4
Channel 5
ITV 2 (i think - whatever channel 6 usually is)
Channel 4+1
More 4
E4

From another forum i've gathered that this probably means i'm missing all of 'mux 2' but what that means and its implications has gone straight over my head I'm afraid!

Also, as I can't remember all the freeview channels, I thought i'd say there are no channels in the following places:
number 27, 33, 42-69, 73-79, 86, 91-92, 100. I'm not sure if i'm missing any of the radio stations.

Any advice you could give on what's going on and how to fix or otherwise circumvent the problem would be awesome, thanks

Dria
ezziecat is offline   Reply With Quote