Thread: US Timeline Dollhouse : Season 2
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2009, 00:38   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dollhouse : Season 2

IMO...

Season 1: Weak start, got better half-way through, and had an excellent end (I mean Epitaph One).

Season 2: Not a great start, but better than the start of season 1. Too much Echo at first though. Got much much better with the most recent Sierra-centric episode.

I think it suffered from being "sexed up" (presumably at the behest of the network).

I also think it suffered from there being too much focus on Echo.

I do not think that Echo was a strong enough character to focus the show on (or a particularly sympathetic character - I had much more sympathy for the other Dolls' past lives than I did for Caroline & her animal rights whining).

I also don't think that Eliza Dushku was really good enough to carry the show as the lead. I loved her as Faith in Buffy/Angel, but in Dollhouse...

IMO the arc should have been started earlier, & the show should have focussed more on the ensemble.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote