View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39   #39
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Football Close Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
That's why I don't think money is the principal motivator. When you're offered 80k a week to stay, I don't think an extra 20k on its own would cause you to move. According to the news reports on the radio this morning he will be one of many signings at Man City over the summer.
But then they'll run the risk of having top players just sitting on the bench week-in and week-out. As has already been said, City already have / had a decent midfield, so at least one of them's going to missing out.

What sticks in the throat is the whole 'I want Champions League football' thing - I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he'd gone to Liverpool this year (assuming that they came back in for him), but he's gone to a club who haven't even got Europe next season. It's all well and good saying that City should push on next year, but there's no guarantee.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote