View Single Post
Old 28-05-2009, 11:29   #2018
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Actually I think Liverpool's overall consistency and quality has been improving a lot. The stats for the season just past show that. Bragging aside, we did beat you twice ... in fact we did pretty well against all the top teams. Our goal difference was better than yours, we lost fewer games than you ... the only deficit was four draws at home. Yes, a win's a win and runner up is nothing in terms of what goes in the trophy cabinet, but you would be foolish not to keep an eye in your rear-view mirror, and bear in mind that objects may be closer than they appear.

Liverpool's historic success was built on Shankly, with Paisley working magic on those foundations and Dalglish continuing it. However when he packed it in Souness derailed us pretty much single-handedly. There's no doubt Ferguson is a genius, but don't be too proud to learn from Liverpool here - once he's gone, it will only take a single less-than-perfect decision about his replacement and you too could find you lose that all-conquering streak.
I'll give respect where it's due, Liverpool are one of the top teams in Europe. Goal difference, losing fewer games...... but teams don't end up winning the league by accident. Lose Torres and Gerrard for a few games and Liverpool are in the brown stuff.

As for when SAF retires, it's no secret he'll have a big say in who replaces him. I'm certainly not worried.

Vote #AnyoneButTory