View Single Post
Old 14-03-2009, 23:13   #375
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 50mb, XL TV, XL Phone
KillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to KillswitchEdge
Re: WWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
To be fair just because someone looked like they must be on the gear doesn't mean they are. One of the guys in our promotion gets that sort of accusation all the time but he's clean.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/189224371.php

source: Pro Wrestling Torch

-- "The Punisher" Andrew Martin did a post on his MySpace page in which he defends the usage of steroids in professional wrestling. He says that they're mostly for cosmetic reasons and compares them to a facelift or botox. However, he says that it's wrong for athletes in other sports to use them because steroids give them a competitive edge. He also mentions TNA at the end of his post by saying, "Don't forget to watch TNA at 9pm eastern time on spike, you will be pleasantly surprised to see how far this company has grown and will continue to do so or you could always watch the same guys I watched when I was a kid doing the same boring story lines. TNA TNA TNA????" You can read the post in its entirety at profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=743 9092.

The myspace link just seems to go to his latest (and sadly last) myspace entry, but as you can see from that there, he advocated steroid use in pro wrestling and likened it to actors and actresses getting cosmetic surgery to secure movie roles.

He wasn't wrong either. It's a business where your appearance is just as important as your ability, and where the good looking guys with the obscenely ripped physiques get all the attention, which leads to better storylines, championships and fame, which all equals money like a normal company's promotion method.

Unfortunately for him it's entirely likely that he paid the ultimate price for his outlook, unless by some twist of fate it turns out that he didn't die from drug usage.

Stranger things have happened though, when I was at primary school one of my friends older brothers died of simple cot death at 21 years old. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Andrew Martin died of "natural" causes or another unrelated accident, but occam's razor usually states that the simplest and most obvious option is usually the correct one.

And it's such a damn shame, I loved the guy's in ring work even if many saw him as just a roided out freak. That running big boot of his was the most epic thing I've ever seen. It made Bradshaw's Clothesline from Hell look weak in comparison.

RIP mate.
KillswitchEdge is offline   Reply With Quote