View Single Post
Old 26-10-2008, 16:10   #7
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice
Re: Freeview-HD to launch in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I'm just wondering how reliable the signal will be for HD? Although I have cable, I have a friend with Freeview, and during the summer some of his channels disappear (C4 is one that goes intermittently).
Yep which is why Freeview HD wont be available untill they switch the old analogue of in your area. Which will free up power in the Transmitters resulting in better signals, per Freeview matrix

look here http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/ for when your switch happens.

Current freeview HDTV are unlikely to support Freeview HD just like most can't support Topup TV this was the reason behind SKY being rejected/moaned at when it suggested changing freeview to MPEG4 just for its channels and keeping MPEG2 for others.
Users would need to upgrade, but ofcom under pressure/influence from the BBC rejected the MPEG4 system.
So SKY changed its plans to Picnic on Mpeg2. If the BBC releases specs to show that the HD will be Mpeg4 HD like freesat HD and not MPEG2 HD its going to be the biggest muck up ever in freeview and SKY could also force the MPEG4 upgrade though for its services as the MPEG4 is there for HD it wont take much to add broadcast from SKY in Mpeg4 ending TopupTVs and setantas monopoly on freeview.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote