View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 20:20   #18
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: CCTV thru Router

well its not all a bad waste of time, while playing around with VLC to show the readers how they might multicast stream (security/web)cam content, i think i found a Bug in the wizard that needs reporting....

if you put in say the latest click! url
mms://wm-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/news/media_acl/mps/fix/news/science_nature/video/185000/bb/185720_16x9_bb.wmv

as your base video content (yes, it doesnt matter were you get the originating video from to stream over your LAN, and back out to the web if you like over that tunnel above etc) instead of a local USB webcam in my case, you can see the video ,but it doesnt include the audio in the Multicasted stream, but its there in the original streaming VLC.

if anyones interested, you dont use the wizard,do it all manually,you have to re-encode/transcode on the fly the audio from the opened network stream, advanced/settings ....

you will figure it out, its simple.

but im still getting slightly out of sync audio from bbc web streamed content even now, odd...
popper is offline   Reply With Quote