View Single Post
Old 20-06-2008, 22:41   #9721
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Little Rant.

Now that things have quietened down a little since this afternoon I would like to make an observation. The Gentleman or Lady who seemed to be just provoking a merry-go-round of comments from the anti Phorm majority on this forum I feel had an agenda. I suspect that agenda was to provoke exactly what happened this afternoon which was lots of arguments which got us nowhere and was equivalent to a hamster running on a wheel going nowhere.

Anybody who at that moment in time was to go to this forum and make some sort of informed decision on the Phorm issue and evaluate its its critics would not have perceived a good impression of the standard of the anti phorm debate that is normally present here.

I think we should be ready for this type of behaviour and treat it a bit more wisely. If what I believe to be true, actually happened as described above, there would have been a reason for this occurring and we certainly fell into any trap that was carefully planned.

The best way to deal with your perceived enemy is to treat it with respect and not fall into bog standard reactionary behaviour which feeds only their argument. Now and again we should maintain the element of surprise and there were not many surprises today. To win the battle we must prepare, be positive and not react like headless chickens when provoked. By all means we should react but I felt as more and more silly arguments were thrown into the discussion by the person in question we should have spotted this far more quickly than we did and just ignore it or sever the discussion quickly if we are going nowhere.

There is enough informed fact contained within this forum for anybody to judge the issue in our favour. Lets make this information easier to find.