View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 21:14   #9104
Hank

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Apparently, Kent's sister works at either the Times or the Financial Times (my source couldn't remember which one) - I suspect it is the Times as the Financial Times gave a damning review of Phorm in their Investors Chronicle magazine. My source believes this may be the reason for the Phorm publicity stunt in the Times this weekend.
Alexander Hanff
Well what a shocking surprise (perhaps not!).

On a press note, I mailed Charles Arthur at the Guardian today to point out the issue with the last piece where they said "second trial" by BT instead of third. He says they had a correction for that pending which I think should be live by now.

I also pointed out the Baroness' comments - he was not aware but I have supplied him with links to the records of the debate on line. I think he'll be watching them a bit more closely.

I still find it very distasteful that Phorm are now able to publish on their website: "Phorm praised in the House of Lords". Praised, not. Misguidedly mis-represented, yes - and only because the Baroness was unfortunate enough to meet the alleged brother of the Times journalist ("Alleged," I said, "only alleged!")

Hank

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Googling for "Ertugrul" to find out about connections with the Times.

Nothing found yet but have found an interesting article from the NY Times in 1999. Apologies if this has already been posted amongst the 605 pages already.

Lifetimes of Memories Preserved on CD-ROM's by Kent
Well I did not know of that activity he was involved in but this man does sometimes appear to have just a little too much of an interest in what people do, have done, are doing and he seems to want to know more private information about them than would perhaps normally be considered 'healthy' - don't you think?

Hank