View Single Post
Old 28-05-2008, 19:54   #7400
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
I tend to agree.
The Gadget show, whether 'geeky' or not, was great for exposure.

The daily tabloids and other mainstream programs are the best way... the problem is how to get them to take up the story?
How long will it be before they profile pron and gambling? That's 50% + put off.

Phorm have been careful to say they specifically exclude these because they know it will make a big chunk of Joe public angry/worried. But they are not going to ignore half the net for long.

I don't quite know how we would use this, but given the specific exclusions, phorm must know it would be dangerous to them.

Anyone know what the original reason for the introduction of premium rate 'phone numbers was? (I don't).

What are they used for now?

Anyone know much about how Kent's old spyware stuff worked? Did it involve pron and gambling? If it did, his ISPyware won't ignore it for long.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
Very useful. Could you include a link to the inphormationdesk as well?

http://www.inphormationdesk.org/

The idea behind that site is to be simple as well, but it contains quite a bit of further information for those interested. It avoids the use of a forum as well.