View Single Post
Old 26-05-2008, 02:30   #7201
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Spotted by Peter N on BT forum.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_569290.html

"The problem for newspapers is that a story headlined 'Two Dead in Baghdad' isn't very product-friendly," said Kent Ertugrul, chief executive of Phorm, a behavioral targeting company working with British newspapers. "But if you know who is looking at the page, that's where the opportunity is."

I think what the slime-ball is trying to say is that he knows a good way to make money out of this sort of headline. You might read such an article to keep yourself informed about important events, but if Phorm knows you are interested in a holiday in Spain, you can also see all the ads for Spanish package holidays at the same time.

I know several members of our armed forces who have recently seen active service in that neck of the woods, including someone who has been awarded a Military Cross. They will be less than impressed by this statement and I intend to ask what the MOD think of it.

Kent, you are an idiot.