View Single Post
Old 16-05-2008, 13:12   #6722
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
A number of us still use Internet Explorer v6 for one or more resins, I still use Internet Explorer v6 for it's ease of use plus it's ftp capability watt I use weekly, Internet Explorer v7 is not as easy to use as Internet Explorer v6 & as I said Internet Explorer v7 doesn't have ftp capability, I here you thinking why don't you use a ftp client, the simple answer is because I haven't found one that is easy to use with me ben Dyslexic!
Kent and his type are only interested in generalisations that suit his\their argument. That type of person usually uses one liners that contain a sound bite within the spin and the only benefit of any kind has been thwarted by MS.

It doesn't matter to him that people use a variety of browsers but in argument the fact the current mainstream one is defaulting to anti phishing on is a useful counter argument.

I have watched the MS anti phishing in action and it may well be a pointer to the future if Phorm is implemented. Page transitions are much slower because of the delay in getting the OK back which points to the need for a blacklist to be either onboard (local computer) or at the DNS stage. OpenDns does the job extremely well with zero delay albeit there are sometimes false positives.

IMO it is quite an onerous task for an ISP to take on board because failure to operate a phishing blacklist properly could attract interest for failure to protect (neglect) and failure through false positives (again neglect). They could become culpable from two different directions.