View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45   #6368
vicz
Inactive

vicz is on a distinguished roadvicz is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
Yes it is. Whilst forum discussion can cover 100% of the potential flaws when taking the battle forward and to mainstream media, to parliament and potentially to court it may be better to focus on a few solid arguments. The net result will still be the same, but the message will be stronger through its clarity and brevity.
Totally agree (I am sure I made this point somewhere earlier in this monster thread too). It is far easier to win an argument with a few watertight points rather than dozens of good but arguable ones, even if they are ultimately valid. Also, presenting any weaker point gives the opponent an opening to attack. I consider opt-in not out, RIPA as our crucial strong points, the law seems clear and the majority of people will understand and will be effected by them. Website owner (lack of) implied consent, web content copyright, interesting but much weaker points.

Focusing on a few strong points is the key to winning, rather than prolonging and enjoying, an argument. As is continuous repetition of your strongest points.