View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51   #6181
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
I don't actually WANT to keep google or phorm out of this test site by robots.txt - I want to use it as a test site - but IF I wanted to use the official declared robots.txt method of banning Phorm/Webwise, I can't see any way of doing it.

And if the official way of doing this, recommened by my Webwise-prone ISP is actually not possible on ISP webspace provided by the same ISP, don't THEY have a problem?

Anyway - I'll throw this at them and see what happens and keep you posted.
The free hosting with your ISP is not always thrown open to general public, many of those sites are family orinated with links only handed around the family due to idetifyable data in them.

With the why BT has this at present these will be harvested..

Over PM a friend suggested as a test to see if VM are running phorm if all VM customers started to visit websites like ISPreview ADSLguide and BT to amke it look like you are thinking of moving, then see if any adverts about specioal offers arive on your screen.