View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 23:20   #6151
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Not content with lodging the Early Day Motion to Parliament, Don Foster MP continues to ask awkward questions.
In his monthly newsletter, emailed to a huge number of his constituents (and available online), Don writes:
Quote:
You may remember last month’s controversy over Phorm - the online technology which tracks your browser history in order to provide you with targeted adverts. It’s great to see that my Early Day Motion on the subject has now attracted over 40 signatures from all parties. View it here.

Earlier this month, I met with BT to question them about their “secret trials” last summer, where the technology was tested on customers without their knowledge or consent. I have also now written to the Home Office and the Information Commissioner’s Office asking them to clarify whether BT’s actions were legal. I hope they will step up to the mark and provide a definite answer and I’ll let you know when I get a response.

Rather proud to have Don as my MP.