View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 17:25   #6105
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
Just look at how search engines operate. They breach website owner's copyright, but they offer an opt-out. robots.txt is an established mechanism for saying whether or not as a content owner you agree to have your pages read and classified by an automated process.
Phorm is not a search engine. Not never, not ever, not at all. Nothing like a search engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
Google make money. A lot of money. From your copyright. Yes, they give a lot back to both vistors and content owners, but at the end of the day they are making money off the back of content owners.
Google make money. Not from my copyright content, but from their adverts.

To paraphrase a famous political quote;
"Links to my pages were served by Google: I know Google; Google is a friend of mine. Phorm, you're no Google."

Pete.