View Single Post
Old 19-04-2008, 20:45   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Chelsea Transfers Killing Football

No one is saying it should be banned, just that it's too big and it's importance has gotten way out of control. Footballers and their girlfriends with autobiographies. Footballers idolized to a stupid degree and so on.

It's just football in the end, and it's excessive obsession with fame and cash is part of the reason the game is actually suffering when you get to the local leagues. It's also become less of a competition and more about who can spend the most each season in order to win the cup.

Quote:
So are you suggesting that ony intelligent people should be allowed to earn high wages? Some would say entertainment is very important in life as well and football is one way of entertainment that a lot of people enjoy, so you could say it is just as important.
Answer what I said, not what you would have liked me to say. Footballers deserve their money since they earn it and better they get it than the club/board. My point is the obsession with football and the cash wrapped up in the game is stupidly high, is ruining football, and is leading to footballers being idolized in a stupid fashion.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote