View Single Post
Old 13-04-2008, 15:03   #3070
80/20Thinking
Inactive

80/20Thinking is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHorb View Post
To avoid any confusion, Simon, could you elaborate on the exact relationship between PI and 80/20? I think I read recently (think it was in the NY Times) that 80/20 was the commercial arm of PI. Is that the case, or are the two organisations independant with some people (particularly yourself) involved with both? Again, for the record, your asertion specifically talks about staff members of PI. Can you confirm that the same applies to staff members of 80/20? (I'm sure it does, but with so many conspiracy theories....)
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify this. In the legal sense, PI and 80/20 are entirely separate entities. Two of 80/20's staff also work for PI, but one key difference is that there's almost no-one in common between the advisory boards of the two organisations. And although I founded PI, I am not on the PI board, but I am on the board of 80/20.

So, 80/20 isn't the commercial wing of PI. In fact even the money we give away to campaigners won't go to PI. The commonality between the two organisations is Gus Hosein and I.