View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 15:48   #3017
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJamieHunter View Post
Churchill's speech was the opening part of Iron Maiden's 1985 world tour (which many believe was their best ever) - "We shall never surrender!" brings to mind "Aces High" for many people *looks for Guitar Hero game*
I never knew that. Learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Think I'll have to write to my bank as well, the staff in the branch don't seem to know anything about Phorm.
Another excellent idea. I may consider doing the same. Although I dont personally do my banking online many others do and its important the issue is raised with the banks for those who DO bank online. Then theres the issue of shopping online too...

Quote:
201 pages and over 3000 posts here - I doubt whether Phorm and the ISPs ever expected this kind of response.
I completely agree. I think they planned on launching this with next to no information for customers and no significant time to evaluate their actions. We would have got the PR spin that this was a security tool to benefit us. Little mention or information on the technical aspects and how they would be intercepting all our data.

They have made many mistakes along the way and we should be grateful for that. Its quite scary to think what would have happened if they had actually got their act together and carried out their plan flawlessly.

That said I really do feel we still have a huge battle on our hands. As one of the commenters on the iii site has already mentioned, the real revenue potential for Phorm is in the US market. Even if we hamstring them here in the UK we wont be able to mortally wound them unless we can defeat them in the US too. Naturally if we can defeat them here in the UK then that will be an important step to defeating them in the US too.