View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 15:02   #2234
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh Kohn View Post
Hi Alex,

I was going through these last night and my reading of that section was that data volumes and/or data types could be examined - but not the data itself... This is implicitly linked with the traffic management section although, I suspect, it is therefore not limited to it, and so the inference i'm getting is that this is to enable to do packet type profiling and say "oh - you've received 823MB of x-binary data today" rather than examine the packet contents.

It does not seem to me to be allowing examination, storage or manipulation of the data sent between me and another party... however IANAL

Any knowledgable insight into the Ts & Cs would be well received by all here I suspect.

Cheers
Tim
Totally different. Going back to the post office analagy, the post office might write to you or discuss that you would need to become a commercial customer if you constantly recieve huge volumes of post to your address. They can do that by monitoring the number of letters (packets) and size and shape (contents of these packets). They still don't need to read them to come to that conclusion.