View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 19:19   #1612
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Slightly OT

I've just had a look at the European Digital Rights site, and I found an article that has me a bit worried, as it sets a precedent:

http://www.edri.org/edrigram/number5...nch-isp-piracy

- surely it contravenes EU privacy laws...and if it doesn't, why not? How long before our lot start doing that? In fact, they pretty much have, haven't they?

I submit that all the online piracy in the world will not do as much harm in the long run as what our governments are doing to their own citizens. Trust is as easy to shatter as it is hard to earn. Unless they change their ways, the only two futures open to us that I can see are widespread spontaneous rebellion (it'd have to be spontaneous because if it were planned, they'd know about it...) or an Orwellian state. We could really use Hari Seldon and psychohistory about now...

The thought occurs: aren't government officials worried about their privacy? Aren't banks and online stores worried about what this might mean to their business?

As always, I note I do not intend to disappear from public view any time in the near future - well, only for a few days (if the Phorm deal goes ahead) while I sort out a new ISP.

WINDOWS 11, ANYONE?!